Standing amidst magnificent gardens, the Kawamura Memorial DIC Museum of Art was opened in 1990 by chemical company, DIC Corporation.
The Museum’s exhibits are very diverse, ranging from 17th century Rembrandts and impressionists such as Monet and Renoir through to Western modern art such as Picasso and Chagall. It is particularly well known for its exhibitions of American art of the latter 20th century.
In addition to exhibitions of its own collections, the Museum also holds special exhibitions several times a year.
The leafy surrounds of the Museum’s gardens also offer a lovely nature walk, where you can enjoy the beautiful flowers and plants of the four seasons up close.
- Name of Attraction
- Kawamura Memorial DIC Museum of Art
- 631 Sakado, Sakura, Chiba
- Opening Hours
- 9:30～17:00 (entry until 16:30)
- Mondays (if Monday is a public holiday, museum will open on Monday and close the following weekday),
New Year holidays, temporary closures for changeover of exhibits
- Changes according to exhibits. Please check the "Exhibits" page of the Museum website.
- Free shuttle bus leaves from Shirota Camera Mae outside the south exit of Keisei Sakura Railway Station (approx. 30 min.)
Free shuttle bus leaves from the Kawamura Memorial DIC Museum of Art bus stop outside the south exit of JR Sakura Railway Station (approx. 20 min.)